I'm on a search for the perfect Fair Isle sweater to add to my wardrobe. I have an insanely large closet, most anyone can tell you that, but for some reason I do NOT have a Fair Isle. This needs to be fixed, ASAP. During my search for the perfect wool companion, however, I have come to feel a bit like Goldilocks...
The first option, and probably the most obvious, is J Crew. Their option is listed at $148, and although it is cute it just doesn't fit, it's too bland.
The second Fair Isle is a dress, from Rag&Bone available at Net-A-Porter. It's quite nontraditional, but I can't think of a more perfect option, paired with leggings. Still, I am looking for something a bit more traditional, and with a price tag of $495, it's too expensive.
Next we come to the part of the story where Goldilocks has found the option that is "just right". She drifts into a peaceful sleep... Oh wait, that's me dreaming. This sweater has it all, tradition, muted colors, slim fit, ruched shoulders, and don't forget it's McQ (available at Shopbop for $385) No matter how often I fantasize about being able to purchase anything as amazing as McQ on a whim, I wake to reality. Turns out this option is just too perfect.
After exhausting Polyvore, ShopBop, and Net-A-Porter, I decide to just "google it". Thank goodness for google images, I see one I like, I click, and to my surprise, hello American Eagle. It has a huge chunky knit, a non-restrictive but cuddly open cardigan style, it has just enough of a pop of color, and will match both black and brown. With a price tag of $59.50, I'm sold.




No comments:
Post a Comment