Hi Everyone! It's been quite a while since I last posted, I'm sorry! First there was the week long Thanksgiving trip to Palo Alto, then I returned home to get sick for over a week, and I've been dealing with the construction of a new fireplace in my house. Oh and I've also been stripping the stain from a new china cabinet I purchased on craigslist and learning how to crochet. Anyway, I've been busy and have neglected the blog.
Here's what I made for dinner this week in the crock pot: White Bean Chicken Chili
1 onion, chopped
1 chopped green pepper
1 chopped orange pepper
1 box of pre-sliced baby bella mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
1 (14.5 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
1 (18.75 ounce) can diced green chilis
1 (16 ounce) can Rotel diced tomatoes
1 jar Salsa Verde (your favorite brand)
2 teaspoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 (106 ounce) can whole kernel corn
1 pound chicken breast
1 (15 ounce) can white beans
1 pinch salt and black pepper to taste
1 chipotle chili in adobo sauce
2 tbsp adobo sauce
Place all ingredients in crock pot, with chicken on the bottom of the pot. Cook for two hours. Remove chicken breasts and shred with a fork. Return chicken to crock pot. Cook approximately another two hours.
Top with your choice of toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, scallions, tortilla chips, etc.
This sounds delicious--thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete